Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Monday 10 March 2014

Long Lost Rides - Lola

Here is a short series introducing a small insight into a few of the Bugs that never quite made the cut in the team as they were quite simply too butchered beyond repair. Oh and one we just felt the need to flat out murder one, but that's some other time. Does that make us bad people? Well, I certainly hope not, as I was 3 please don't blame me alright?

Anyway, meet Lola, my very first car. The one who made me catch the VW bug way back when. Named after her L registration (1972) and being very, very, very low, the name stuck and alas, Lola had a proper owner! You may know that McCartney I proclaim is my first car, but this Purple, 43 year old ex-glamour model who came all the way from Leeds had a brief spell in our team and our life. People reading this may have seen her very briefly on Facebook and as soon as she arrived in April 2013, Lola was in a very bad way. Paying over the odds from some clever sales technique from a lad up north on eBay who took some clever shots of Lola, or at least the car when we bought it looked like it had been shot with a rifle, she arrived, much to my mother's dismay and disappointment as Lola bless her was much, much worse than we expected, needing a lot of love to get her going. This really, is why I dislike northerners.
Lola looks brilliant from the outside!

Therefore, I only have a few images of Lola from when she first arrived with us and it looks from the outside, a very solid car. Although, take a look deeper and actually she is propped up with a trolley jack ready to weld underneath in the foot well of both driver and passenger side not to mention the whole rear of the car. Basically, in lay man's, 8 year old terms, I could see the ground and even put my foot through the bloody chassis.

Why did I like her so much? Why, she was purple! There was something about the car that I got attached with, perhaps it was the fact I had been around Lola for a good 3 months and in that time she was fully welded inside and out by us as well as having a new interior ready to go. Maybe it was the 'boy racer' slammed suspension, or the comedic klaxon horn that perhaps reduced Lola to Krusty the Klown's car. Although, sadly we decided to sell her after safety fears as the work completed on Lola before we bought her was very questionable, most notably someone had fixed seats to the chassis. Highly dangerous! Also, the new kids were on the block, such as Doris! Anyway, we got a good £800 for Lola in the end!
The last day of owning Lola after Doris had arrived and I had finally taken McCartney under my wing, the only lasting photo of all 3 of the Bugs.

After a recent check on the DVLA, Lola is still off the road, last registered before we owned her. I sincerely hope someone does get her on the road and gets in touch!

Next time, I will be showing you how Parker's reformation is getting along in his 12 step, rehabilitation programme.


Follow our sponsors, Charge Clothing!
https://twitter.com/chargeclothing
http://www.chargeclothing.com/

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/CTracey143






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll