Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Doris the Roving Reporter: The Ace Café

Doris has recently landed herself some work experience in a bid to revive her career as a reporter for various car shows across the classic VW scene. Doris, who was stigmatised as a diva years ago was given a chance at the VolksWorld Show to show her worth. Now Doris has been given the nod for the roving reporter role at Caught The VW Bug for show season.

Recently, Doris has had her confidence knocked as her super rare Corona Sun Visor has been pinched by some rather crafty opportunistic lads. Here is what I had to say on the matter.


"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my sun visor go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Doris, pre-the 'event'
Anyway, on the 15th April, Doris had her chance to race up to the Ace Cafe at rush hour to report on the latest of VW meets. Here is what she had to say:

"The traffic was horrendous! I was stuck in the dreaded M25 for almost two hours but never fear I got the team up there in good time! A sunset drive along the motorways of the UK was a good choice and the chief editor at Caught The VW Bug was pleased to ride shotgun.

The first impressions of the Ace Cafe in North London was a strong one with decades of heritage harking back to the glory days of the Mod's and Rocker's of the 1960's, 1980's and beyond. A strong following for a bitterly cold Tuesday night was positive to see with a whole range of VW's like myself and other like minded Bug owners to a few Camper and later Bus' making up the numbers. We also had a Karmann Ghia at the Ace Cafe today, parked next to us as well as later T4 Vans. Finally, a fellow Bug had been Herbie'd to the highest detail... but they're plastic VW fans anyway. It was a great evening to acquire ideas and I thoroughly recommend it!"

Herbie Goes to London
To round off the evening, the team and I smashed out a McDonalds and had a cheeky trip around IKEA. I got a paper Swedish flag, looked a bit mental and started hitting people with a plush fish.

HAPPY DAYS.
It did actually happen!
Join Doris and I for our report on VW Heritage's VW Heretics monthly meet with the man, the one and only, McCartney who is currently enduring a lengthy repair.


Doris. Ghia. Herbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll