Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Meet the Team: Lennon



"Imagine all the Beetle's, driving for today."

Meet Lennon. It's only natural that the naming of my cars after The Beatles has continued and this time, it's very, very fitting. 

McCartney went solo the other week and I'm sure he'll attend big events such as the Queen's 500th Jubilee and do just fine. However, living in the moment, Lennon has joined the team in the replacement of 'Daily Driver'.
Setting foot onto new territory. I'm glad he didn't piss himself or leak oil.
Why did I call him Lennon? I will explain the thought process:

  • Numberplate letters are NYC, the place where we lost the great icon.
  • Lennon's colour is lemon, similar sounding names there.
  • His last owner lived on Abbey Road. 

THIS IS SO PERFECT.

There could be more variables somewhere, but I'm far too excited to truthfully think that deeply. I'm sure that more will pop up in future posts. 

ARRIVAL.
Lennon is a 1967 Bug, a 1500cc engine which McCartney had and what Jake's original engine was. Effectively, Jake and McCartney are loose relatives of Lennon and all three of my cars have been named after music stars; a coincidence mind you. He needs a little bit of work, but I'm so excited to get my hands dirty as soon as I can. I'm looking to get him on the road shortly, so if anyone wants a ride when he is ready please enquire within. (if you're reading and thinking unsavoury thoughts, shame on you.)

As Lennon is so similar to Jake's plan to be Cream, this does mean he will undergo a different colour in his respray, but that will all be revealed tomorrow. Therefore, I'm about 87.9% sure that I'm going to take the punt and stick some lime green interior in there to represent my quirks and outlandish style. It sounds a bit jazzy and it will probably look a bit jazzy, but believe me it will be a good one.

Lennon and Lime. There's another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll